Ah..I c what you are saying now..Sorry,  in all of my conversation, I thought
you would be comparing XPATH Qualification to some field on form but that's not
the case. My bad for not reading the thread properly.

IMHO, there are 2 solutions for this(there could be more..but this is what I
can think of so far)..again this might not be the most elegant solution on
planet but it can get job done.

1. Build an automated workflow that would push all Distribution!="Internal"
records to a staging form and build web-service from staging form. In that case
you will never need AND 'Distribution'!="Internal" qualification appended. This
is probably good since amount of records to traverse would be lesser than what
is on source form and it would take query off the source form. One of caveat I
see upfront is that you will have to spend time in building that staging
form(you can probably just do a "save as" on source form) and maintaining that
workflow that pushes records to it.

2. Client should supply complete qualification(as you mentioned you will be at
the mercy of the client)

Does #1 help or does it over-complicate :)?

Thanks
Chintan.