Hi Chintan,

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I believe I will take a different
aproach...

Instead of returning complete records on the get-list request based on the
qualification supplied by the user, I will return a subset of the fields,
specifically excluding the field(s) that may contain information that is not
for general consumption. But I will include the Entry-id as one of the
returned fields.

Then I will provide another web service (get-entry) which will return all of
the fields for a single entry, specified by Entry-id. Then I can impose my
additional restriction on the qualification for the request since the
customer will just be supplying the Entry-id and not a complete
qualification. I know how to do this and have successfully done it on
another service.

This is not exactly what I was shooting for because it requires additional
steps for the user, but it will give me assurance that the restricted
information does not leak out through this web service.

Thanks again for your thoughts on this question.

Larry