Hi,

We're running into some issues with a midtier upgrade that we're are trying to
implement.  Configuration details are as follows:

Original Configuration:
Server and Midtier
Redhat Linux 4.6 (32-bit)
ARS 7.1 patch 6
Java 1.5.0_12 (32 bit)
ITSM 7.0.03 patch 9

New Configuration:
Server
Redhat Linux 4.6 (32-bit)
ARS 7.1 patch 6
Java 1.5.0_12 (32 bit)
ITSM 7.0.03 patch 9

Midtier
Redhat Linux 5.6 (64-bit)
ARS 7.6.0.4
Java 1.5.0_12 (64 bit)

The behavior that we are seeing is that some active links are not firing as
expected on the new midtier.  For example, a user can click on the View button
on Task tab of the Incident form but nothing happens on the 7.6 midtier.  There
are no errors generated in the tomcat or midtier logs.  At this point, we're
not sure if there is a common thread between the missing active links.  I
realize that BMC has documented that there are certain expected
interoperability issues associated with a 7.6.0.4 64-bit midtier and older AR
server versions but the documentation indicates the limitations are related to
data visualization fields.  We've already tried using a 32-bit JVM but that had
no impact on the active link behavior and defeats one of the purposes of the
upgrade (more java heap space).  I'll try installing 7.6.0.4 SP1 this morning.
Has anybody run into this before with a hybrid configuration?  Are there any
obscure midtier configuration changes that are necessary that might have been
overlooked?  Any suggestions on other things to try?  Any help that you can
provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff