As per the compatibility matrix:

Vendor Backwards Compatibility and AR System 7.6.04

It is expected that a vendor will retain full backwards compatibility with
existing major or minor versions of a product when releasing newer versions of
their products. This includes major, minor and maintenance releases as well as
service packs, patches, updates or other similar level of changes. Unless
otherwise stipulated by written communication from BMC Software, BMC Remedy AR
System supports the listed version of vendor products or higher with regard to
supported server operating systems, desktop operating systems, databases, web
or application servers, servlet engines or browsers. However, this support is
limited by documented compatibility restrictions from the vendors themselves.

For example, if Oracle database version 10g were listed, AR System would
support Oracle database version 10g, 11g and future higher versions of Oracle
database.

In the event that a vendor does not provide backwards compatibility, BMC
reserves the right to rescind support for a specified version of a vendor's
product and document such incompatibilities once confirmed. BMC may, at BMC's
discretion, attempt to address a discovered incompatibility by modifying the
current version of AR System. However, if major architectural changes in a
vendor product require significant BMC development to achieve tolerance,
support for the vendor product may be deferred to a later version of AR System.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.