From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Sanford, Claire
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 12:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Suite 7.6.04 Service Pack 2 Upgrade Procedures and Guidelines

**
Am I missing something?  Is there a simple document that lists the steps
require to upgrade from the 7.6.04 SP1 to SP2 version?

BMC Remedy IT Service Management
Suite 7.6.04 Service Pack 2 Upgrade
Procedures and Guidelines
White Paper

Ok, I'm reading this to see how complicated it will be to upgrade from SP1 to
SP 2.

The document mentions all kinds of version that have nothing to do with SP1.

In their "Staging Server Setup" chart/table document they have: (p20)

"This may require multiple downloads per product. For example, to upgrade to
BMC Remedy
ITSM Suite 7.03 Patch 009, you also need to download 7.03, 7.03 Patch 007, and
7.03 Patch 009.
Version and product information can be found in the Shared Application
Properties form."

What does this have to do with Upgrading ITSM 7.6.04 SP1 to SP2??? Or even
7.6.04 to SP2

Do I really need a staging server that is the same quality as my prod server?
Wasn't the "new and improved" version supposed to make upgrades easier?

In table C-1 " Table C-1: System objects that may be overwritten during an
upgrade" it does not list any of the ITSM application specific definitions.
Does that mean they are "safe"?

The more I work with this the more I dislike it.  I miss the good old days when
I could just replace the arserver.exe file and the .dll files and my patch was
done!