Hi everyone - Hoping someone can help me out...

I am the functional person for our environment, not technical..  I have
currently created some requirements for reporting (to a spreadsheet).

We have a couple of options for tools.   Crystal reporting (out of Remedy),
Remedy AR, and BMC Analytics.  I am hoping to hear what the best practice
and best approach of the 3 options is.

My next question is.. If I can find data in a search, to me that means that
the data exists in the Database.  Would there be any reason that fields
would be required to be added to a form or the DB based on the information
below.  As an old developer (cobol programmer), I would expect that the
Total Life Cycle time would not be added, but instead be calculated as the
report is run.

Any guidance would really be greatly greatly appreciated!

The data I am looking to retrieve is the following:  (all of which I can
pull up in a search except for Total Life Cycle time.  My expectation is
that this would be a calculated field when running the report)

Assignee Group
SLM Status - Response
SLM status - Resolution
Priority
Status
Incident No
Incident Type
Summary
Submit Dated and Time
Release Management:  Summary
Release number
Status Reason
Business Unit (Organization)
Resolution Method
Vendor Ticket Number
Vendor First Name, Last Name
Resolved Date and Time
Closed Date and Time
Assigned Date (group) and Time
Assigned date (assignee) and Time
Resolution Date and Time
Re-opened Date and Time
Total Transfers (individual)
Total Transfers (group)
Total Life Cycle of ticket (Assigned group to Resolved) – Calculated
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for use by
the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not
disclose its contents to others and delete it from your
system.