> In other words, it does not typically make much sense to give a user a
> Fixed application license and a Floating AR User license.

I will second that recommendation.  In fact, typically I recommend that you
keep the type of license (fixed/floating) the same across a particular user.
Even in the situation where you have a fixed AR System user license and
floating app licenses, a user could be frustrated and confused if they can do
work in a custom application, but not in BMC provided applications (if a
floating app user license is not available).

It's not mandatory, but can cut down on user complaints and calls to your help
desk.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.