From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Lyle Taylor
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 2:00 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: HTML and Plain Text emails

My experience has been that Remedy (or something in the chain) takes a stab at
converting the plaintext messages to HTML and tacks the HTML and BODY tags onto
what you put in the notifications form.  What I did was just use DIV tags in
the notifications:

<DIV>
Message content
</DIV>

Then I could put any special formatting in the DIV or whatever is within the
DIV.

One catch that I found was that the e-mail engine (or something) was set on
replacing all newlines in the message content with BR tags.  So, something like

<DIV>
Message
Content
</DIV>

Which in normal HTML would display on a single line gets translated to

<DIV>
Message<BR>
Content
</DIV>

It's a bit annoying and keeps you from formatting your HTML the way you might
normally like (it forces you to have less newlines in your HTML text so that
the message looks right in the e-mail client), but was still workable.

Lyle