From: Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:49 AM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Support - An open letter to BMC

**
Perhaps a good alternative would be if BMC somehow made a volunteer-based
support forum that could take the place of their offshore support.  They could
somehow anonymize the contact data to where you don’t actually know who the
person you are dealing with is, and they could use this new gamification trend
to pay the volunteers based on what happens.

For example, pay a small fee to people who resolve a certain type of issue
quickly by leveraging the knowledge base.  You get paid more if you solve an
issue that isn’t in the knowledge base and you submit a knowledge base entry
that is approved by a BMC technical rep of some sort.  Identifying new defects
in the product (also requiring a technical approval) results in a certain
amount of pay, while solving that defect with a working hotfix results in a
larger amount.  There would also be customer support surveys like BMC used to
do, which would also be used as a factor in how much the individual makes
(which should also ensure the person working on the issue is timely and
courteous.)

This would allow BMC to mostly get rid of Tier 1 for web-based non-critical
tickets, and it would get them access to better people who may otherwise have
day jobs that just want to solve issues for a bit of extra cash after hours.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson

Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer