From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: IncidentInterface_Create

**
Well, the integration of Kinetic Request 4.0.3.3 to Incident 7.0.02.009 via
HPD:IncidentInterface_Create was still worked after upgrading to KR 5.0.3 and
Incident 7.6.04.01 where HPD:IncidentInterface_Create and HPD:Help Desk are
both Overlaid, so that is a good thing I think.  The biggest hang-up was the
glaring new error BMC introduced into the HPD:Template form, which upgraded
improperly and stopped working at all.

BTW, I seem to recall that we have never gotten Kinetic to create a new
Incident record in a Closed status - I don't know if the limitation is in
Kinetic or (more likely) in the OOTB interface between
HPD:IncidentInterface_Create and HPD:Help Desk.

On the other hand (like other developers), we found the HPD:IncidentInterface
form for modifying existing records to be a dangerous tool, prone to data
corruption and error.  It was far more reliable (and safer) to create a new
HPD:WorkLog record and in the process push updates directly to the associated
HPD:Help Desk record.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/