From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of ITSM.Support
Sent: 13 July 2012 17:38
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Can we change char size of Organisation field across ITSM

Hi,

According to the observations so far, we cannot modify the character size of
the mentioned fields using the remedy application. The field 'Organization' is
on the 361 forms with the same database field ID.

Though it may be possible that we can update it at database level, but the same
operation needs to be performed on each form.

For this we have 'AR System Metadata:field_char' form, where all the meta-data
related to character fields are stored.

It’s a view form. We need to update the meta-data, the related record in order
to achieve this. But this option is not tried and tested, as it may cause the
severe malfunction at DB level.

--
Regards,
ITSM Support

Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
BSM Solutions & Services || ITIL Consulting & Training
Email: i...@vyomlabs.com  || Web Site: www.vyomlabs.com Follow Vyom Labs
http://twitter.com/#!/vyomlabs || http://www.linkedin.com/company/vyom-labs