From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Leonard Johnson
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 11:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email Engine Hanging

hey all,

Every now and then our email engine hangs (hasnt everyone's?).  Starting and
stopping this will get emails going again but I am wondering if anyone has used
ProactiveNet or other monitoring to catch this when it happens.
Since the email Engine service is still showing as running, I can't really use
that for monitoring.  Any idea of what log or method I can use to proactively
catch this prior to customers calling to say they arent getting their
notifications?

I haven't dug very deep on this yet but this is always the place I find the
right answers and putting it out to you all first.

Thanks for any input.

LJ