>From my perspective, wiki pages are great for documentation that is dynamic
>and needs constant maintenance.  It makes a lot of sense for a tool like ADDM
>since the TKUs contain different updates for different applications and models
>that need to be updated regularly.  However, also on the ADDM example, the
>installation guide should not be in a wiki format.  The primary reason being
>that I don't want a dynamic web of content - just a static set of steps to get
>from point A to point B.

Another issue I see with using a wiki for documentation is that the approach
appears to be a response to errors in the BMC documentation team's editing
process.  A wiki works well for documenting things external to the person doing
the writing.  It doesn't seem to be designed to be used from a source of
authority.  Imagine if there was a wiki application used by architects for
designing buildings.  If the architect is constantly tweaking the plans on
their wiki, how will the builders ever complete construction?  As the source of
authority, it seems like BMC would be better off with installation,
configuration, and user guides at a minimum in a static format for each
version.  Wikis could be used as a knowledge base or for purposes of
documenting things outside of BMC's control.

Just to note, we haven't gone to ARS or ITSM 8.0 yet so I haven't actually
interacted with BMC's wiki documentation so my opinions are in general not
based on Remedy specific experiences.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer