From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Longwing, LJ CTR MDA/IC
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid-Tier Flush Cache Issue 7.6.4 SP4

Rafael,
It is my understanding that at some point in the past, when you told Mid-Tier
to flush, it would clear the cache, and then immediately start the re-cache
process per the configured processes.  Then at some time during the 7.6.04
versions, this stopped working properly, and a flush did nothing other than get
rid of the cache, but did not re-cache anything.  It's possible that with the
SP4, they re-fixed the issue to make it start caching again, which would
explain why it becomes unavailable for awhile.

Some liked it one way, others liked it the other...can't please them all.