Thank you all for your inputs.

I set the filter stack limit to 100 and tried to create the job again.
The process aborted with "Too many levels in filter processing (ARERR 299)"
ARServer process did not crash nor there was any spike in memory or CPU usage.
The arfilter.log however displayed a series of errors:

<FLTR> <TID: 0000006120> <RPC ID: 0000017180> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC:
390620   > <USER: supervic                                     > <Overlay
Group: 1         > **** Error while performing filter action: Error 299
<FLTR> <TID: 0000006120> <RPC ID: 0000017180> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC:
390620   > <USER: supervic                                     > <Overlay-
Group: 1         > **** Filter "DMT:CopyStagingFormsToSequencingEngine": No
enabled error handler
<FLTR> <TID: 0000006120> <RPC ID: 0000017180> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC:
390620   > <USER: supervic                                     > <Overlay-
Group: 1         > /* Pn gru 03 2012 20:41:59.6370 */     End of filter
processing (phase 2) -- Operation - SET on SHR:SchemaNames - 000000000021536
<FLTR> <TID: 0000006120> <RPC ID: 0000017180> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC:
390620   > <USER: supervic                                     > <Overlay-
Group: 1         >         4: Push Fields ->
"DMT:CopyStagingFormsToSequencingEngine" (ARERR 299)
<FLTR> <TID: 0000006120> <RPC ID: 0000017180> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC:
390620   > <USER: supervic                                     > <Overlay-
Group: 1         > **** Error while performing filter action: Error 299
.
.
.

ARError.log displayed:
Mon Dec 03 20:41:59 2012  390620 : Too many levels in filter processing (ARERR
299)
Mon Dec 03 20:41:59 2012     "DMT:VIS:SkipSequenceInit" :
"DMT:SYS:SequencingEngine"

Does anyone have a clue?

Sorry for the long post.

Victor.