It's been a while since I did this but see if this gets you started:

Add the custom field to SYS:Form (SYS:Form Field Selection) (this is what
makes it available to SYS:Notification Messages)

Add the field to the message in SYS:Notifications

Add field to the NTE:SYS-NT Process Control form (copy & paste field from
original form)

Modify the filter(s) that pushes the fields added above to notification;
look for something like HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator_899_PNPC`!

Hope this helps.

Rebecca

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM, David Boylan <david_boy...@brown.edu> wrote:

> I have a custom field (Change Summary) that I push from Infrastructure
> Change to Task. (Most of the people assigned to these taks would like to
> know just what the task is without having to open the Change.) I'd like
> this to appear on my email notification. I've read through the ITSM
> Notification Guide. The SYS:Notification Messages is where I'm able to add
> fields but this is limited to the SQL menu that comes from the SYS:Form
> Field Selection form. So I figured I could create a new entry here, but my
> Custom field does not appear on the Menu Label 1 pulldown which seems to be
> all the available fields that I can use. Phew! LOL
>
> Here's what I would like the email body to look like:
>
> Your group has been assigned Task #Task ID#
> Task Type: #TaskType#
> Change Summary: #Change Summary#
>
> Where Change Summary is the custom field.
>
> Has anyone done this?
>
> ITSM 7.6.04 SP3
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave