Hi,

There is nothing mention about indexing in CMDB 8.1 to improve performance.

We can add index for better performance as per doc provided by BMC.

---------
Indexing classes can reduce database query time.

Index attributes that:
*You expect users to query frequently.
*Are used by discovery applications to identify CIs.
*Are used in reconciliation identification rules.

For more information about identification rules, see the BMC Atrium CMDB 8.1
Normalization and Reconciliation Guide.

If you create an index for a Character attribute, you can save query time by
setting the QBE Match characteristic of that field to Leading or Equal
instead of Anywhere.

Use the Indexes section on the General tab of the CI Class and Relationship
Class dialog boxes to specify the indexes for a class. You can specify
indexes on noninherited attributes only. If an attribute is inherited form a
superclass, you must specify the index for that attribute on the superclass.
Display-only attributes cannot be indexed, because no values are stored for
them.

To combine multiple attributes into a composite index, specify as many as 16
attributes per composite index. The sum of all attribute lengths in a single
index must be fewer than or equal to 255 bytes, so Diary attributes and
Character attributes larger than 255 bytes cannot be indexed

--

Regards,

Pawan

Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.

BSM Solutions & Services || ITIL Consulting & Training

Email:
<http://ars-action-request-system.1093659.n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?t
ype=node&node=7583733&i=0> [hidden email]  || Web Site:
<http://www.vyomlabs.com> www.vyomlabs.com Follow Vyom Labs
<http://twitter.com/#%21/vyomlabs> http://twitter.com/#!/vyomlabs ||
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/vyom-labs>
http://www.linkedin.com/company/vyom-labs