From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Tanner, Doug
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 1:41 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Idea for a protection against massive notifications ?

**

I have seen a * do it as well.
Doug

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of David Durling
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 1:12 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

**
Sylvain,

Approaches mentioned in the past have included making a user record named 0
(that's a zero) so it's notified rather than the Public group, or I believe
putting a filter on the AR System Email Messages form to throw an error on
submit.

Someone on this old post even mentions 00 could be interpreted as Public:
search for "WARNING OF BAD AS DESIGNED FEATURE IN ITSM - zero in internet email
field for person is not good."

David Durling
University of Georgia