From: "LJ LongWing" <lj.longw...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 8:14:41 AM
Subject: Re: A bit of Friday humour in BMC's Error messages

**

What code is giving this?

On Oct 18, 2013 12:40 AM, "Ben Chernys" <ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com> wrote:
**

I just got the following errors with the 8.1 API against an 8.1 server (VERSION = 8.1.00 201301251157)

ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 123, Unrecognized server information tag 358

ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 123, Unrecognized server information tag 357

ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 123, Unrecognized server information tag 356

ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 123, Unrecognized server information tag 355

ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 123, Unrecognized server information tag 354

These are the new ones for 8.1.  The humour comes from the 7.6.04 Error Messages Guide:

123

Unrecognized server information tag.

Error

You specified a code for server information that was not recognized. Verify that the #define

statements in the include file ar.h have a list of all valid codes that can be specified.

Yup.  Verified.  The 8.1 ar.h does not have a list of valid codes J

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

logoSthInc-sm

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:
ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com

We are a BMC Technology Alliance Partner.

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and out Freebies

Section for ITSM 7.6.04, 8.0, and 8.1 Fields spreadsheets.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.

http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/