Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to you in hopes that you can help me gather some real world
data in what it takes to handle a FULL Remedy ITSM setup.  We have been asked
by management to get this information.

First some background.  We are a university, and we have a team of two people,
and currently have Remedy 7.6.03 system installed, along with the full ITSM
suite(7.6.03) running only Incident Tracking in a production environment so
far(3+ years to date).  In addition to Remedy, our team also handles a
completely different issue tracking system, an enterprise wiki, a sharepoint
environment, and dabbles in software licensing, so we can't give 100% attention
to our Remedy system.

Some metrics of current use:

385 Support Staff that currently use our system.
200,000+ Incidents so far
200,000+ possible customers.  Possible because they have access to the system,
but of course not all use it here.

Take those numbers, and your typical data for a university that needs to be
gathered from multiple sources and pulled into CMDB/asset/etc.

SO!

In your experiences, can anyone give a very rough guess based on the metrics
above, how many full time employees would you estimate it could take to:

1.  Fully configure ITSM 7.6.03, Incident, Change, Problem, Asset, CMDB, and
ADDM to be ready for production use.
2.  After getting everything up and running in production, how many full time
employees would it take to keep it running smoothly.

by 'full time employees', I mean an employee whose job is 100%, or close to
that %, focused on Remedy/ITSM.

Remed/ITSM is not new to us, but bringing everything up to production, fully
configured, and ready to go in our setting is new, so I would like to get the
input of those who have gone there before!

thank you in advance, and feel free to email me off list if you prefer.

Best Regards

--
Michael Hirst
University of Arizona,