Yup, same here.  We had a little internal rift internally between a few
teems.  Team X decided that servers didn't need to be placed in the DMZ to
expose to the outside world; they would just proxy to the LAN via F5 load
balancer.  Team Y said no thank you, we should not have servers that are
exposed to the world inside the main LAN.  So it is possible but you may
need to consider if it is a good idea or even acceptable practice.

Jason