From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of L G Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:34 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Multi-server configuration question

**
Hi Folks,

I am trying to add a second server to my ARS system. I am not configuring these
two servers into a server group. I want to control which traffic goes to which
server. My ultimate configuration will be:

Server1: Windows clients, Admin, email, utility scripts, some Mid-tier traffic
Server2: The rest of my Mid-tier traffic

Both servers are running 7.6.04 SP3 201201302357 on Solaris. I was able to
bring Server2 up with no conflicts or complains from Server1. And I was able to
get one of my Tomcat servers to connect to Server2 successfully.

The first problem that we encountered has to do with saved searches. When a
user connects to the Tomcat server that connects to Server2, none of their
saved searches appear. We took a look at the entries in the "AR System Searches
Preference" form and saw that there is a field (Server) containing the server
short-name. If we change the Server field value for a single entry so that it
contains the short name of Server2, then that saved search appears in
Server2-Tomcat-Mid-tier but disappears from Server1-Tomcat-Mid-tier.

I am hoping that there is a way to configure things so that regardless of which
ARS server the user gets connected to (Server1 or Server2), they will still get
their saved searches.

I have messed around with various combinations of:

IP-Name:
Server-Name:
Server-Connect-Name:

but I have not hit upon the correct combination. Does anyone know if this is
possible and if so, how to achieve this?

Thanks.
Larry

ARS: 7.6.04 SP3 201201302357 on Solaris 10 on Oracle
Mid-Tier Version: 8.1.00_201402031033_Hotfix on...
Tomcat: 7.0.47 with ...
Java: 1.7.0_05-b06