From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Tom Siegel
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:23 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Implementing Multiple Help Desk Forms

Hi - Tom the newby again, working on migrating our company from BMC SDE to
Remedy. My next major challenge is how to implement the 100 or so custom SDE
Incident forms that we created over the years, into Remedy. In SDE it is quite
easy to implement custom incident forms, you can even use the same fields on
multiple forms! Just design them, give them an Incident Type, throw them under
nav bar and off you go. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your
perspective) this doesn't appear to fit well with Remedy's architecture. We do
have someone helping us through this process and I wanted to throw an idea out
to the group and get some feed back. The current plan is to
1) Load up the Remedy "Incident Type list" with the ones we have in SDE.
2) Create a custom tab on the HPD:Help Desk form for each of our custom SDE
forms containing the required fields
3) Based upon the Incident Type selected, expose the proper custom tab (the
other ones remain hidden), enabling the user to add the additional data
required for the incident type selected

It works in theory and I have one mocked up in dev but my concern is since I
cannot use the same field under more than one tab (remeber in SDE I could use
the same field on multiple forms), I am going to end up with quite a few (100
+) custom fields on the Help Desk form.

Comments?

Has anyone else had this challange and solved it a differnt way?

Thanks,

Tom

Are, and have been for 20 years"

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.