@ Joel,

Yeah definitely it's a feature and not a bug.

Apart from a current job failing, you do not want two different users trying
to rename the same company two different ways from two different clients.

Also you do not want two different companies renamed into the same name.

So for the reason you mention and reasons like these, that lock feature
seems to be a good implementation.

It just makes it harder to automate renames though. I would argue that maybe
its not something you want to automate and have a manual control when
renaming companies because you most certainly do not want to mess up
foundation data related to companies as that would affect an entire tenant.

But it's a nice option  to be able to automate it. Since we do have a
requirement to rename a company if the name changes in another system (not
AR System) since we are attempting to keep information across those two
systems consistent, we were exploring the possibility of it happening
without a human intervention. Looks like it will be possible with your idea
but I have not had the time to work on it as yet.

Cheers

Joe

  _____