@ Carl,

We are on ARS 7.6.04 Patch 5.

Currently we are make doing with not being automatically able to rename
companies, but its probably going to be my next task after loading People
data to go back and create the workflow needed to rename companies.

I was also thinking of creating a Stored Procedure (which I have in the past
with the old Viadyne CRM product) and used it quite successfully and was
able to rename the company in every form that it appeared in. It took a few
minutes to run for each rename, which was expected, but worked well.

Using a stored procedure, I would not be locked out of renaming a company
just because another rename is happening somewhere else at the same time. It
does however expose the system to a risk if another process uses that same
workflow to rename two companies to the same name. However in our case here,
since AIE will be the only process to use that specific form I have built
for holding the data coming in from the other system, I am not that
concerned about two or more users or processes conflicting each other. There
will always be one rename at a time happening.

But if the wizard works, I would ideally like to use that, as it will
hopefully be transparent on upgrades where they would include the additional
fields needed to rename if more Company fields get added to other parts of
the application. With a Stored Procedure, there will be a need to maintain
it during upgrades.

Joe

  _____