You could use the standards of POP3 or IMAP for inbound email

This is one of the advantages I have being on Linux.. MAPI is a MS Windows only
protocol so I don't have to deal with it.

Fred

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 9:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy 8.1 and MAPI support

**
Good morning,

We're looking to upgrade out version of Microsoft Office internally, as well as
Exchange, and there is being a lot of pressure to get our Remedy server
upgraded from using Outlook 2007 for MAPI inbound email.  I've tried looking
all over BMC's site, their compatibility matrix doesn't list any email clients
that it would be compatible with, the release notes reference MAPI but not what
version of Outlook is supported, and even a Google search hasn't returned
anything useful as far as I can see.

Does anyone know where BMC documents what versions of Outlook are compatible
with ARS 8.1?

Also, this is something I should probably ask for the 9.0 beta program but will
they ever find a better way to do inbound email than putting Outlook on my
application server?  Our Exchange system seems to go down all the time in such
a way that Remedy can't reconnect easily (one of the drivers for wanting to
upgrade) so I'd like to look at other options.  We use SMTP for outgoing email
and I can't recall the last time it had a problem.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer