From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 1:10 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy 8.1 and MAPI support

**
We were in the same boat.  We had been using Outlook 2007 to use MAPI on our
8.1 servers.  When it came time to build a new 8.1 server I was determined to
break the Outlook chains.  POP and IMAP are also not allowed in our
environment.  Just like Levi we setup an hMail server for our incoming email
and it has been working great!  The Email Engine has been more reliable since
moving away from using Outlook.

Jason

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Pierson, Shawn
<shawn.pier...@energytransfer.com<mailto:shawn.pier...@energytransfer.com>>
wrote:
**
You and Frederick bring up a good point, and actually I’ve been investigating
and we’re now allowed to use POP and IMAP against our mail server where in the
past it was forbidden so I have some new things to try out in development.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer