I'd recommend not to use the OO interface.
$f->openForm loads all field properties of HPD:Helpdesk, which is
entirely unnecessary for your query.

It might also be better to use one ars_GetListEntryWithFields call
instead of ars_GetListEntry and separate ars_GetEntry calls.

People have reported problems with field names in queries, so you might
try using field ids instead (although this has probably no influence on
performance).

Regards,
Thilo