Steven Shelton wrote:

Chad Smith wrote:

Good point.  So the OOo logo with the birds, that's not up for grabs.
Meaning you can't actually change the logo - but you *CAN* make a different
Logo.  Right?

Yup.

Well, let me modify that to be more clear. My understanding is that, in general, you can make a different logo if it is clearly independent of the OpenOffice.org project and could not be easily confused with the original logo. You can't just keep the name OpenOffice.org and decide to use a giraffe instead of a seagull in the logo. You also couldn't just rename it FreeOffice (or something) and have the same seagulls and the same fonts/colours. You have to differentiate to ensure that there is no chance of confusion. This isn't a matter of licensing, really, so much as a matter of simple trademark law. (Which, yes, is related to licensing, but not in the same sense as programming code.)

Confused yet?  :-)

--
Steven Shelton
Twilight Media & Design