On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Leibrandt, David R. (Fed)
<david.leibra...@nist.gov> wrote:
>> Those AA filters won't do anything to the images from the f1/f2 oscillators.
>> I assume Dave was referring to those.
>
> Yup, that's what I was thinking.  It sounds like this won't be too difficult
> to do, just something that needs to be thought about (i.e., how well we need
> to suppress the spurs).

It is not that easy. The usual designs for CICs and FIRs all don't
work because we have to generate, process, and spew out eight (or
four, depending on scenario) successive samples in a single clock
cycle. I have rewritten the filter equations and sketched designs that
can do this for both filter types using a bit of pipelining and
further parallel resource usage. It should even work for all orders,
at least conceptually, just needs specification and resource
estimates.

--
Robert Jördens.