Dear Renish,

ARTS does not take IWP, TWP etc as input. You need to specify e.g. IWC, LWC, humidity ...

And the specification of the atmospheric profiles is independent of the observation geometry. You specify the profiles as a function of pressure.

Not clear how you are running ARTS by Atmlab. Please note that qarts (and qpack even less) is mainly for calculations without scattering. You can do scattering calculations but then you really need to know how ARTS is working.

Bye,

Patrick

On 2020-08-10 22:22, Thomas,Renish wrote:
Hi All,

I had a question about how ARTS treats integrated water path ( IWP ).

*My simulation setup*:

I am trying to sense a cloud box , with the sensor looking forward. (i.e elevation 0 degrees). I am using ARTS with Atmlab.

*My questions:*

*a). *How to calculate IWP/LWP (which is an input for ARTS) for the case of horizontal sounding of an extended cloud. Or how to use droplet density as an input instead of IWP.

*b). *Can i give IWP as an input for all elevations?  Does the radiative transfer calculations in these cases behave properly for off zenith and off nadir look angles.

As i believe  LWP = TPW for the case of nadir-zenith sensing of an entire atmosphere.

*LWP*(Liquid Water Path)
*TPW*(Total Precipitable Water)

Cheers,
Renish