Hi Renish,

I have to correct Patrick here, pyarts has been revived and is now the official
Python

interface for ARTS. To use the Python interface you have two options:

  1.  Build the ARTS development version and the install the pyarts package in
the python directory
  2.  Install pyarts using pip

Option 1 has the advantage of installing also the ARTS interpreter itself, i.e.
the arts command
line program as well as the example files, which could help you to get started.
With option two
you will be able to use ARTS only through the Python interface.

Hope this helps to get you started. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have
any other

questions.

Best,

Simon