Pengwang,

sorry for my partial answer. Recently I compiled ARTS 2.5 and I had a similar issue concerning the absorption lookup table. Richard Larsson, helped me replying to my mail sent in this mailing list, suggesting to add abs_xsec_per_speciesAddLines into my cross-section agenda.

He also added:

"We are currently in a transition in the 2.5-branch of moving away from abs_xsec_agenda entirely. There are some lingering problems when using lookup table calculations at this time. Mainly, since the line calculations should happen in propmat_clearsky_agenda now, they are not part of any of the default cross-section agendas as in the past. The lookup generation interface is currently under active development, so this interface might change in the near future."

Best regards,
Mattia

Pengwang Zhai <pwz...@umbc.edu> ha scritto:

Thanks, Mattia. Would you advise how TestAbs.arts can be revised to include line-by-line calculation?

Note that the behavior of TestAbs.arts is different in arts2.3, which does calculate line-by-line absorption coefficients.

I do not want continua, as I am mainly interested in the visible spectra, which is out of most of those continuum models. Based on my experience with previous arts version, arts does not check the spectrum limits for the continuum models. I am not sure whether arts 2.5 has been improved on this.

Pengwang