From: Manfred Brath <manfred.br...@uni-hamburg.de>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 5:19:20 PM
To: Xia Mengqi; arts_users.mi@lists.uni-hamburg.de
Subject: Re: Fwd: [arts-users] Direct radiation is subtracted when it should not

Hi Mengqi,

I do not understand your problem from the information of your email, but maybe
you can have a look in "Test_iySurfaceLambertian.py", which you can find in
your arts-folder:

    controlfiles-python/artscomponents/surface/

Another thing, how do you calculate your pi-ratio? When I use the above
mentioned test script and set the sun at 0 lat and 0 lon and divide the top of
the atmosphere (TOA) solar radiation F by pi I got the same value as from yCalc.

    F=ws.stars.value[0].spectrum.value*scale_factor

    scale_factor=sun_radius**2/(sun_radius**2+sun2TOA_distance**2)

    The scale factor is needed, because the star irradiance spectrum in ARTS is
defined at the surface of the sun and not at TOA.

Cheers,

Freddy