A hundred years ago there existed another noble profession, snake oil
salesman, and the people that enabled their existence and survival
were known as marks. I suggest Terry Weldon is a descendant of that
tribe and the councilpersons that enabled his existence, survival and
still praise his performance are either gullible or corrupt.

When a con cons you, you either learn from the experience or are
likely doomed to repeat it. When your council gives away your city's
lands for a pittance, you either call them to account or sit stupefied
awaiting the next bad act.

Just as time is money; dumb, na�ve or crooked actions of government
require action to insure accountability and/or change to avoid
frittering away future opportunity. Sadly, we're not here for a long
time, we haven't the luxury of sitting and watching our worst actors
attempt to get it right. Glass half full or empty has nothing to do
with it; council's already broken too much of our glassware.

Skip Bernstein 

--- In [email protected], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My apologies, "dfsavgny" - my response to "AsburyCouple" was NOT
directed at you personally at all.  It was based on an overall
perception or sense that I receive from reading this board.  
> 
> And yes, I do know you volunteered to at APACtion.org.  Thank you. 
Did you receive my letter?   
> 
> Ironically, I agree - the glass should be fuller!  Much fuller! 
> 
> And again, I agree - there are are a large number of items in the
current arrangement with Asbury Partners that warrant A LOT of closer
scrutiny and follow-up.
> 
> But - and maybe I'm wrong - but shouldn't the people who negotiated
the deal be held directly responsible for it's follow-through?  Be
directly held responsible for being on the receiving end of public
scrutiny and "heat" if we're not happy? 
> 
> But if they're not in office, how can that happen?  Then, I wonder,
does it become what AP has been, nothing more than the "current group"
pointing the finger at the "previous group."
> 
> I liken the situation to Bush's re-election. It's no secret how I
despise the man, but there was a large part of me that WONDERED if
Kerry should've just said, "You know, buddy, you've created this
nightmare, you should be the one who's going to be around when it
explodes in your face."
> 
> It's SOLELY the reason why I question the rush to change, right now,
in AP.  Flog me.  Whip me.  Call me all sorts of names.  But
ultimately, I firmly believe in accountability in public office.  And
I wonder if a little stability, not full and complete, stability, is
such a bad thing.
> 
> I agree with Mark, I think Ed Johnson is a fantastic addition to the
City Council.  And now with it appearing Mr. Hamilton could be one his
way out, there is room for another addition.  Fantastic!
> 
> But to throw out everyone?  
> 
> I firmly believe while yes, not as much action as everyone would
have liked happened in the past four years, SOME did.  MORE than has
been the case for a very long time.
> 
> If an entire new Council comes in, like any new management team, I
wonder if that, however minor, momentum will cease while the
understandable period of adjustment happens.  Will they then be on the
same receiving end of criticism for things that happening?
> 
> I have never professed to have the answers. Never.  But I do wonder
about these things - while trying, yes, to keep an optimistic eye
towards the future.
> 
> Dane





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to