Looking for some help with this:

Avon is by far the most crowded and popular beach in the area.  Just 
packed with people.  Looking at the town, they have nothing to 
attract tourists.  There is one eatery and one store on the 
boardwalk.  In town there is one restaurant, Columns By the Sea, 
which doubles as a nightclub after they serve dinner.  There is no 
great shopping to speak of.  The real estate prices are very high.

What is the formula that makes Avon work?  What makes the beach so 
popular and crowded? Why is this little town so great?

I'm asking the same of Allenhurst and Loch Arbor, which are exactly 
like Avon.



--- In [email protected], Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/15/05 9:58 PM, "charlie leonard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> > lighty,
> >  
> > i thought mog was talking about ocena ave, beasue he mentioned 
water front.  i
> > wasnt talking about the rest of the town.     i dont think the 
lack of
> > business in the downtown has anything to do with condos 
though.   downtowns
> > sometimes go through tough times, and over time, they pick up 
again.  wasnt
> > there a tiem, when red bank was run down, and bad?
> > 
>  
> I grew up outside of Red Bank and I can tell you for a fact that 
there was
> NEVER as many New Yorkers there on the weekends as there is every 
Friday and
> Saturday nowadays.  What I¹m getting at is that I would have to 
say a good
> part of that town¹s comeback stems from tourism ­ people from 
outside the
> area coming to shop, for entertainment, for dining, etc.
> 
> I think Asbury Park is going to be disappointed if they try 
building a small
> town atmosphere at the shore without a heavy emphasis on tourism.  
Tourism
> has always driven the majority of the Shore towns.  Of course 
there are a
> few towns that have always done well without attempting to attract 
the
> tourist trade but they are clearly the minority.  If Red Bank had 
tried
> building itself back up solely on its own town people it would have
> struggled mightily.  I think Asbury will struggle even more 
because people
> in many areas of New Jersey just don¹t believe you can live down 
here year
> round.  
> 
> I wonder if they¹ve ever done any studies or projections on how 
many of the
> people buying the new condos plan on living year round?





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to