Steve,

You have great morals however:

You said:
..I haven't dropped one thing on the ground since I've lived here, or 
anyplace where I ever lived. So WHY, when my Rent's paid, should I 
have to walk through crap?
...The LANDLORD has to provide a "safe and habitable" unit. A tenant 
should respect a the rental unit as "if it were their own" - as in 
paying all the bills for it. Not to use it for throwing eachother 
through a wall, tossing a toilet or spouse out the window etc, then 
calling social services tocomplain the landlord is trash. Same when 
the landlord pays the heat - you close the door or window in the 
winter, or turn off the water instread of letting in run on and on.

It takes a landlord and tenant to create the habitable enviroment. As 
a landlord, I have had to defend myself a couple times for TENANT 
actions - not my job to make sure they recycle, park i the driveway 
vs the front lawn etc.

BUT since in the end it is mine, I take care of it.

As far as holding a rent controlled building for appreciation - if 
there is NO INCOME, the building ONLY has a value X with LIMITED 
upside, UNLESS the building can be viewed at coming OUT OF RENT 
CONTROL some point down the road. This is Dan's area. As a reminder, 
I represent the owner of a nice 40 unit rent controlled apartment 
building for sale in Blackwood, NJ. $330 month for a 1 bedroom. High 
offer is $1.2m. Here's your chance! ):








 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to