for the people to take whatever the final product will be......   shaping a 
neighborhood and community comes from the small individuals who  know and care 
about the fiber of what the community originally was and have the  true vision 
of what it could be.  All the grand plans of the redevelopment  seem to be 
wiping that away and converting what was once and interesting place  to a 
generic 'anywhere' usa.  I have been a member of this board since it's  
inception 
and have watched as all those who really care about the preservation  loose out 
as the things that made AP unique were taken away (the Palace, Tillie  and now 
the Casino) - sure, the development will be new and contemporary and  alot of 
money will come in - but, our country will have lost the uniqueness and  
integrity of the structures and history of this playground-by-the-sea.  I  
don't 
have a solution, and I haven't been a do'er as I know many have been on  this 
board, but I do commend you all for putting your time and energy forth to  
monitor all of the progress and see that (or try to see that) the  right things 
are done in AP.  Thanks!
 
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free 
email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at 
http://www.aol.com.

Reply via email to