--- In [email protected], "apchrisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
i read your post about a half hour ago, read 40 some more, and find 
it incredible no one commented on you response, you hit the nail on 
the head, you explained why this city is special, even though we 
bicker and bust chops, yet no one thanked you, i and my partner thank 
you , your right it is not just a place to live it is a lifestyle , i 
have lived here a lot longer than you, and i have every intention of 
staying here forever, again thank you for your positive post. 



> After reading your post, I felt compelled to respond.  This may be 
> the second time I have ever posted to this board.  I joined for the 
> same reason as you, hoping to learn more about Asbury.  Once in a 
> while that purpose is served however; too often a very negative 
> picture is painted here.  I personally find this message board to 
be 
> a complete disservice for promoting this city.  It is truly sad 
> because anyone can view these messages.   While I do not know or 
even 
> understand the reason for this negativity I will share my 
experience 
> in this city.  I bought a home here about 3 years ago and never 
> intended to stay long.  Values were on the increase and I thought 
> this could be a stepping stone to someplace else.  At first I was 
> hesitant about even going into the downtown.  Things were different 
> then and on here you may read how nothing has changed but I find 
that 
> to be false.  I recall driving in this town and seeing boarded up 
> homes on block after block.  Now that is not so common and there is 
> so much construction.  Unsightly at times but the end results have 
> been improvements from what was there before.    I have met some 
> great people who truly care about this town.  I am fortunate to 
have 
> great neighbors, who keep an eye on the block and exhibit pride in 
> owning their homes.  I met some truly caring people who are part of 
> Stand Up For Asbury.  These members have given their time and money 
> all for protecting this city.   In short, I have met many new 
> friends.  Asbury is not just a place to live, it is a lifestyle.  
> There is always an event happening on Cookman, Stone Pony or the 
> boardwalk.  You can ride your bike or simply take a walk and 
> strangers will say hello as they pass.  All this and you will 
always 
> be close to the Atlantic Ocean.  There is so much in the city but 
it 
> is not so big that you would not get to know the store owners.  
Yes, 
> there is some bad to Asbury but in my opinion that has 
significantly 
> decreased and hopefully will continue.  Anyway, my stay has gone 
from 
> short term to now not being able to see myself anyplace else.  I 
wish 
> you the best of luck and do not hesitate to contact me if you have 
> any questions.
> 
> --- In [email protected], "Jim Conley" <jgconley3@> wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> > 
> > Couple of questions for you.  I'm wondering what the purpose of 
> this 
> > board is.  I live in New York, and am considering buying a 
weekend 
> > house in AP.  I signed up to the board to learn about the town, 
> > what's going on in terms of development, and to get an idea of 
the 
> > kinds of people who would be my neighbors.
> > 
> > So far, I've heard some interesting development news, and some 
> > disgusting news about prostitutes vomitting blood.  But I've 
mostly 
> > been disappointed to see the invectives and crankiness fly among 
> > people, whom (at least I thought) shared a common interest in 
> making 
> > AP a good place to live--for everyone.  
> > 
> > Is the level of malevolence on this board a good indicator of 
what 
> > I'll find in the grocery store or on the boardwalk?  I'm gorwing 
> > skeptical with every post I read.
> > 
> > Any advice?  Thank you. --Jim
> >
>




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups.  See the new email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to