Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Stuart Rackham wrote:
>
>> Stuart Rackham wrote:
>>> Nice work guys!
>>>
>>> I tried it out on the ./doc/asciidoc.txt file which pretty well makes
>>> use of all AsciiDoc syntax. Worked well up to:
>>>
>>>          acute accents to the right\'' are rendered in quotation marks.
>>>
>>> At which point all text following the two single quotes was blue (hit
>>> ^L to refesh and fix).
>>>
>>> - Is there any reason for adoc instead of asciidoc? Personally I
>>>    prefer asciidoc rather than creating another name. I'd also prefer
>>>    to stick with the existing .txt extension for AsciiDoc source files.
>>>    Surely there are ways to have Vim automagically detect file types
>>>    other than just file extensions?
>> The Vim filetypes mechanism should work here, or just put:
>>
>> // vim: set syntax=adoc:
>>
>> As the last line in your source file.
>
> Right, but I would prefer to not have to do that. There is a way to
> autodetect the file, but it may not be so easy. Especially the 2 line
> title syntax seems to be hard to do correct (since the length of the line
> needs to be the exact size).
>
> We could even make eg. python code blocks use the python syntax files etc.
>
> Is ^// a proper way of commenting as well ? The syntax file needs to
> reflect it as well than so I added it to my document.

Yes lines starting with two forward slashes are treated as comments and
are ignored (it's implemented as a block macro that outputs nothing).
The other way of commenting is to use a delimited comment block where
delimiter lines are 4 or more forward slashes.

> What would be the easiest way to work on the same file ? Can we put this
> in a versioning system where a few people can work on it concurrently
> until it is close to something we would release ?

Just put the .vim syntax file on you website with a list of todo's and
solicit patches from interested users.

> Kind regards,
> --   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]

Cheers, Stuart