On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Pavel Jurus wrote:

> On Monday 29 January 2007 16:06, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > You're certainly right,, but what we are looking at (and hoping to have
> > implemented in asciidoc) is a module that can be loaded (like your
> > asciidoc.py).
> >
> > But instead of having an interface to write it out, we'd like to be able
> > to provide a function the input, and get the output back. So that you
> > don't have to write it to disk, but can send it to the web-browser.
> >
> > It cannot be hard to have asciidoc provide such an interface by default.
>
> I am puzzled a bit now :)  I think I'm doing exactly what you need. The only
> problem is that it is not a part of some known and used wiki engine. But it
> still could be useful as an example. Here is the code, that does all I need
> from "personal" wiki. Note that it is just
> http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2006/01/06/a-simple-wiki-with-webpy/
> simplified and reworked for asciidoc.

Sorry Pavel, I misinterpreted what you said in your mail and thought
asciidoc was writing the file to disk. What you do is exactly what
should be allowed by default.

Stuart, would it be possible to allow for this from the next asciidoc
release ? So that everything specific to using asciidoc on the commandline
goes into /usr/bin/asciidoc and everything that can be reused by other
tools goes into a selfcontained asciidoc.py.

And maybe we could then find some people to create an integrated
web-frontend to use this asciidoc module with indexing/search
functionality and a backend versioning system.

PS Pavel, is it possible to reconfigure your mail-client to quote mails
like this one instead of adding your reply on top ?

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --