On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Felix Obenhuber wrote:

> On 03 Feb 07 - 01:50, Thomas Berker wrote:
>
> > Or has someone written a set of macros or an "asciidoc-mode" for some
> > existing editor (besides emacs and vim)?
>
> Beside you don't want to use vi, I think the asciidoc syntax file I've started
> some times ago fits in here. [1] [2]. Maybe someone can take a look at and
> hopefully
> send me corrections...
>
> [1] git://obenhuber.de/pub/git/adocvim.git
> [2] http://www.obenhuber.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=adocvim.git;a=summary

Hi Felix,

I was delighted to find out about your vim syntax file. However I have
some questions/remarks about the usage.

First of all, I dropped it in ~/.vim/syntax/ but it didn't get loaded. I
tried using the .adoc extension (hoping there was some mapping between
extension and syntax file). The syntax file was not loaded automatically.

Is there a way to make this happen ? Eventually I did ':set syntax=adoc'
and that gave me some colors.

Secondly, although the syntax file is a vast improvement, some things are
not working. I have no understanding of writing syntax files but it would
be desirable if eg.

 - comments (//// comment ////) were marked as such.

 - titles are coloured as well (not just the lines) when you use the
   syntax

       this is a title
       ---------------

 - bullets are coloured (first level is not coloured, second is ?)

Lastly, I found a problem with the URL syntax where you have named links
like eg. http://dag.wieers.com/[Dag Wieers' Homepage]. The current syntax
colours only up to [Dag .

Now, what would be required to have the adoc.syntax shipped with the next
release of vim (even in an incomplete state) and with the next
release of asciidoc ? This way packagers can place the syntax file in the
asciidoc package until it gets shipped with vim.

Also, what is the reason this is called adoc.vim and not eg. asciidoc.vim ?
Is adoc going to be the 'standard' extension for asciidoc ?

Nevertheless, I'm grateful for your initiative :)

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --