Interesting read. I hope it gets ironed out as needed. I thought asciidoc
written in Python 2 was going to age away.  The official upgrade path from
Python 2.7 is to Python 3 (PEP 404). The EOL for Python 2.7 is 2020 (PEP
373).

The largest change in Python 3 is handling of strings. The amount of work
to port asciidoc using Python 2 to asciidoc3 using Python 3 must have been
significant.

Really like Asciidoc and recommend it all the time.

.Links
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0373
- https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0404