On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 2:08 AM Robert Dodier <robert.dod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've managed to get asdf-dependency-grovel to load. There is a comment
> in adg/tests/grovel-test.lisp that ASDF 3.1 is required. Okay, I have
> ASDF 3.1.5 laying around so I loaded that. Now SBCL can load adg.

Or later. I recommend testing with the latest ASDF.

> The test script adg/tests/run-tests.sh runs (with modifications) but
> all of the tests fail -- it appears that no dependencies are
> identified. I enabled *DEBUG-TRACE* in variables.lisp, and I get some
> output which suggests something is happening, which is encouraging.
> Faré, can you say anything about what one should expect to see in the
> debug output if stuff is working correctly? Can you see anything amiss
> in the output shown below?

This output doesn't help me. Are the files now visited by the perform
method in order? It looks like that might be the case, but make sure.

If that still fails, rather than the asdf plumbing itself, can you
identify if the dependency instrumentation is still working on the
latest SBCL? IIRC, adg relies on some low-level SBCL interfaces that
might have bitrotten.

Sorry, I haven't used that in production in over ten years and have no
time to dive into CL code at the moment.

Good luck!

—♯ƒ • François-René Rideau • Co-Founder and President, MuKn.io
“Welfare: when you love strangers so much you're willing to have government
steal money from another stranger to help them out.” http://bit.ly/ahVPBj