Title: Re: [Assam] From Tehelka
U,

I was afraid your concept of a 'justice system' was seriously faulty. That is why I asked for an explanation of your assertion that the 'system' is not faulty. And you validated my fear. It IS very faulty!

If you look up Webster's English Dictionary, it will tell you that a 'system' is 'an orderly, interconnected, complex arrangement of parts'.

Typically a justice system would be much more than a judge as you  perceived it to be. It would include the laws, investigative apparatus ( the police, CBI etc.). a prosecuting apparatus ( in the US it is the District Attorney's or the US Attorney's office), the court system ( lawyers, clerks, sherriff's office, magistrate etc.) , the judge and a jury system ( in the USA that is --I am not sure India has a jury system) and the penal ,system ( jails, prisons, halfway-houses, work-release programs, parole system, etc.)

I will tell you a bit more about it later. At the moment I am falling asleep on the key-board. Good night all.

cm