<Govt.has to find lasting solutions  for flood.>You mean the Liberated People
have to find .
<It will require massive investment in channelizing our shallowED rivers and
drainage systems.>Shallowed How?  DueTo Indian 'National  Embankments Policy'-a
fundamentally flawed -non science.
<massive investment >It is Massive to the Non-Functioning Rupeeconomics. Will
be one key employment avenue for all  present-day loafers. You will Invest to
Survive  and to get back your true Independence.  Chezy  will happily turn in
his grave  and thank the Assamese  and say " Thanks for proving my theory
again."

Meanwhile   people should Suffer. Through Suffering will come realization  of a
60 years' folly  and something will happen.

mm