From: Chan Mahanta <cmaha...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:02:58
To: <assam@assamnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Assam] The Rorschach Effect in Indian Politics

Allow me to butt in here A.

No one is questioning the need for personal integrity.  Your Bor-deuta is a
good example. Question you should be asking
is why HE had to QUIT? Where is the institutional support system that should
reward good behavior and punish
 bad? It is THIS absence that breeds more and more behavior. There is no
DETERRENCE.

>And about the 'I' and 'you', even if it is not specifically written, there
>still might be a tendency to preach, like you and I and many of us here and
>elsewhere do

*** As long as such preaching does not go unchallenged, it is for the good. It
makes people pause, think, look deeper into issues, instead of
merely jumping onto this bandwagon or that, seeking easy answers and simple
fixes. But if we are  to dismiss or devalue Santanu's analysis
as yet another set of preachings or attempts at self-aggrandisement, then we
would be missing the point.