Dear all,

The Rorschach test is obviously meant for finding out the psychological make-up
and therefore, the outlook of the person. And this surely has been reflected in
our discussion here.

I am fond of Ravana. In fact, my name finds a place in a publication by Mamoni
Raisom Goswami where I had to co-translate  Navakanta Baruah's RAVAN as the
etrnal lover. Needless to say, I am pretty embarrassed with the translation as
the very first rush print sent to examine  the integrity of meaning got printed
instead of the last refinded one sent for print :-).

That's besides the point. Despite dissemination of education, the presence of
all pervading corruption in India, proves one point for sure: system needs to
be replaced. Even the most pure either gets allured or gets crushed in this
system (now crony capitalism, which implies that head is rotten, and therefore
the remaining parts, like the proverbial rotting fish). So, it would be a
fallacy to think that Indian citizens enlightened by education per se would
attain divinity and therefore the existing system would be adequate. It has not
been proven so far. ( There are good people and that is why even this rotten
thing is still running; perhaps it is at the end of its elasticity as evinced
by recent happenings).

Why, even the noble Dr. Faustus could not resist Mephistopheles, not to speak
of numerous Hindu gods and sages falling preys to avarice! So, singing paens to
the extant system and hoping for people to become god would be a very tall
order. Too tall.

That's why, Anna Hazare, however good or bad a person he is, shall not
possibly succeed with his present brand of solutions. Having said that, the
present awkening has the wherewithal to unleash the forces that may bring about
the desired changes. No time table can be set for that!

Uttam Kumar Borthakur