The charge of "lahe-lahe" may perhaps be a mindless
one - clearly from MY extended experience in schooling
across regions in India would demonstrate otherwise,
even if the numbers from Assam were relatively less.

"What stares in the face" however has different
versions of the story. It might be a good one to
listen to youngsters to find out what REALLY "stares
in the face". Some of us in the 50/60 age bracket
might really end up listening to stuff they haven't
heard (or perhaps do not want to hear).

Applying the charge of "scions of the establishment"
to  most of these youngsters would be mindless too.