From: Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dilip/Dil Deka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, jadav kakoti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Assam@pikespeak.uccs.edu
Subject: Re: [Assam] New Member
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:47:58 -0500

>You are the true ambassadors of Assam to tell the rest of
India that the >Assamese are just as capable as any other Indian,
if not better.

**** This image of the Assamese is a CREATION of a certain genre'
of people, scions of the establishment, raised in privileges, whose
are witless and unable to see what sits on their faces, and then
attempt to explain away Assam's conditions on a genetic disposition of
its people that makes them slow, 'lahe-lahe', inept and corrupt.

It does not require any PROVING otherwise, because the
perception, the charge itself is at best, a mindless one.

At 6:17 AM -0700 8/18/05, Dilip/Dil Deka wrote:

A warm welcome to all of you who started
membership recently.

It is so heartwarming to see so many up
and coming Assamese youngsters spreading all over India and holding
responsible positions. You are the true ambassadors of Assam to tell
the rest of India that the Assamese are just as capable as any other
Indian, if not better.

We in the 50/60 age group would like to
hear from you guys regularly on topics that interest today's Assamese
young people. We start new discussions in this net and mostly they
degenerate into the same debate that has become too familiar. I am
hoping you guys can change that with a fresh viewpoint.

Dilip Deka

Houston TX

jadav kakoti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all

I am Jadav Kakoti, working in North East Sun magazine, a political
fortnightly published from Delhi. I have just joined the e-group. I'm
from North Lakhimpur and have been here in Delhi for the last one
decade. Hope I'll have a nice interaction with you all on diverse
issues concerning the "Land of Red Rivers and Blue
Mountains".

Bye

Jadav